We're Hiring!Project Coordinator (Remote, Part-Time)
Who We’re Looking For…
You’re detail-oriented, ultra organized, and quick to communicate. You thrive when it comes to making sure projects run smoothly and know that the success of a business is often determined by the success of its project management.
You care about quality work and helping to make everyone’s lives easier. It’s all you can do not to bite your tongue when you spot bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and disorganized processes. Nothing makes you happier than seeing a project to completion and ensuring all parties are over the moon with the results.
You have no problem absorbing the intricacies of comprehensive project guidelines, project management systems, and shifting project demands. You enjoy delegating tasks, responding to questions, and making sure both internal staff and clients have everything they need. You love creating more efficient systems, coordinating with lots of players, and helping a business run more effectively.
In addition, you understand the power of effective, empathetic communication. You know that every project is nuanced, and each player has their own needs. You’re flexible and adaptable, and you always approach projects from a human-first perspective.
If any of this sounds like you, read on, because we’re looking for a project manager like you.
Before we dive in, a few important points:
- If you’re looking for flexible work on the side, this position is a good fit. We’re hiring a part-time contract position, with an estimated 5-20 hours per week. Hours can vary greatly from week to week, so adaptability is appreciated.
- Pay starts at $20/hour with room to grow. If that sounds like extra spending money, awesome. If that sounds like it isn’t gonna cover rent, and the rent’s due, you might want to look for something that’s a better fit.
Here’s what you need to know about North Star Messaging + Strategy
- At North Star, we help business owners outsource content without sacrificing authenticity or results. If our company were a bee hive, our Queen Bee Role (QBR)—the role all of us serve and protect—would be nailing the brand voice and content strategy of the clients we work with. All of our projects revolve around developing brand voice and delivering content that reflects that voice. This role isn’t directly involved with nailing brand voice and messaging strategy, but it serves the role by making sure the clients, writers, editors, and strategists are fully supported.
- With team members located across the U.S., we are 100% remote, so our water cooler banter happens in Slack, ClickUp, Voxer, and Zoom. There are no set hours, but many of our projects have quick turnaround times, so the ability to remain communicative and meet deadlines on time is important.
- As a wise friend of ours likes to say, “We aren’t making oxygen.” While we are a fast-paced agency, and we do often juggle a lot of deadlines, we say NO to work emergencies. You aren’t going to get any panicked 3AM phone calls from anyone. We pinkie swear.
- We’re leaders, and we believe you’re one too. We’re not here to go on a power trip or tear anybody down. Instead, we honor your experience, trust your gut, listen to your wisdom, and treat you with respect.
- We’re invested in ourselves and each other. This looks like reading professional and personal development books, offering training opportunities, cheering each other on for life’s big and small wins, acknowledging the importance of mindset work, putting self-care at the forefront, and doling out virtual hugs.
Here are some examples of what you’ll do in this role:
- Support our writers and editors as they work to represent the brand voice of a variety of different clients by coordinating internal resources, responding to internal and client questions, measuring project performance, and streamlining project efforts.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget while managing and communicating any changes to scope, schedule and project (to both the internal team and clients).
- Streamline and improve upon our existing processes so we can run even more smoothly. You should be familiar with leveraging project management systems (knowledge of ClickUp and Asana is a bonus), identifying inefficiencies, and documenting ongoing needs.
- Establish and maintain super-transparent relationships with clients and third party vendors, so North Star can continue to provide top-notch services. This may include meeting with clients to clarify project details or responding to client requests with professionalism and discernment.
- Delegate project tasks to North Star team members based on strengths, skill set, availability, and experience. You should also be comfortable with escalating questions and concerns to senior management when needed.
- Exercise meticulous attention to detail. You have to be confident enough in your management and communication skills that you’d stake your career on it. We strive to ensure nothing slips through the cracks.
- Communicate clearly, kindly, and effectively with your teammates. We want to know if you’re unclear on expectations, need more information, or feel you’re knocking it out of the park.
- Make suggestions. We’re not perfect, so if you see a way to improve our process or make it a better experience for our team members or clients, speak up!
- There is also an opportunity for a sales capacity in this role for new clients and ongoing client renewals.
To summarize, you’ll be critical to making sure a variety of projects run as smoothly as possible. We’re looking for someone who, above all, is passionate about clear communication, efficiency, and organization.
Since 2010, we’ve been showing our clients that their voice is outsourcable, their story is powerful, and that their brand can make a deeper impact through their content. But doing it takes a dedicated team, and these sometimes robust projects need coordination from someone who has all those qualities we mentioned above.
One of the most important aspects of this role will be your ability to pay attention to details and follow instructions. As a test, when you apply for this position make sure the subject line to your email includes the phrase, “I coordinate projects in my sleep”. This will make it way easier for us to find someone who is serious about applying for this position.
Ready to roll?
We’re looking to bring on our newest team member sooner rather than later, so shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within your email, include your resume and/or portfolio and tell us why you think you’d be a perfect fit for this job. In fact, we’d love it if you recorded a quick 2-3 minute video or audio introducing yourself and telling us why you’re interested in being part of our team (not required, but most of our new hires take the time to complete this step).
No business is a-political. At North Star, we use our voice to actively celebrate diversity and prioritize inclusivity and equity. We actively seek to ensure every employee, contractor, and client — regardless of gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ability, education level, or any other factor — feels valued, respected, and heard.
Further, North Star is an anti-racism company. We acknowledge that systemic disenfranchisement, oppression, and discrimination occur, and that we must always be vigilant to not perpetuate it. And further, it is our responsibility to contribute to actively dismantling harmful systems. We are unafraid to be held accountable and promise to correct any missteps with tangible action.
We commit to expending North Star resources to continue our journey towards DEI prioritization and anti-racism and anti-discrimination by supporting businesses owned by marginalized communities, and contributing to organizations that strive to create equality.